CHERISH THE PAST!
This blog tour will run from September 8th to 12th. In this tour stop, you'll find more information about the book and the author. Also, be sure to check out the rest of this post to get a sneak peek into CHERISH THE PAST with some excerpts and teasers exclusive to this blog tour. We've got A LOT of other fun stuff, as well! Enjoy!
PURCHASE THE BOOK
CHERISH THE PAST
SPRING ISLAND TRILOGY #1
Author: Sandra Steiner
Publication date: June 23rd 2014
"Angie sighed. A small smile began to form as she recalled the moments that led up to this incredible feeling. Life was good-no, life was amazing. It hadn't always been, but today at forty-six, it sure was. She had reached a good space in her life. She was content, in love, at peace with her past, and excited about her future. Tomorrow she was marrying her soul mate. She had nearly given up hoping she would find him.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
completed a Bachelor of Education degree after high school but gravitated shortly afterwards to the accounting field. She is a proud mother and grandmother. Sandra lives with her husband and fur babies on Vancouver Island in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia Canada.
In 2004 Sandra was in a motor vehicle accident with her teenage daughter. She survived with serious injuries, her daughter died at the scene. The accident changed the dynamics and the direction of life forever for her family. Since then she has inspired many to think positively and to live life for the moment. Sandra has always been a good listener and individuals have been drawn to her for encouragement and advice. Over the years she has motivated many individuals to believe in themselves, and they have encouraged her to write and share her experiences. She is a strong woman who believes anything is possible if you believe in yourself.
Sandra’s first novel Cherish the Past-Spring Island Trilogy Book One was released in June 2014, followed by the second novel in the trilogy Live for Today in July 2014. Dream for Tomorrow is book three in the trilogy and will hopefully be released in the fall 2014. The novels can be read on their own. They were written to appeal to both genders and all age groups from teen to adult. The trilogy is inspirational and early indicators show they have already provided hope to those that have taken the time to read them.
EXCERPT + TEASERS
Today was the day Angie would remember for the rest of her life. It was a terrible dream, a nightmare—the overwhelming feeling that this could not actually be happening to them. That morning they had three beautiful children; that afternoon they had two.
An innocent trip to the doctors, a bit of snow on the roads, and Sarah was gone. Their angel had left them forever at sixteen. She had so much life left to live. Angie was still struggling to believe it. The police officer had to track Alex down to identify her body.
The hospital was overwhelming. Angie had broken and bruised bones that were painful, but not nearly as painful as losing her Sarah.
Anger. Complete disbelief. Uncertainty over what will come next. How would she carry on? One foot in front of the other. Smile on her face for all those around her. Quietly dying inside.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT SANDRA
- Sandra is a little quirky when she writes she usually has her two miniature yorkies (Max and Misty) on her lap as she types. She also always has an inspirational audio book playing in the background the current favorite is T.D. Jakes newest release Instinct.
- Sandra and her husband love to walk. The furthest has been 25 km from Sidney to Victoria, BC. They have logged nearly 500 km in 2014 so far! The walks are an opportunity for deep conversations, and quiet thoughts.
- Sandra was married in November 2013 after meeting her husband Cory online only 6 short months earlier! True love does exist ladies! They merged their lives and together they have three sons, two grandchildren and three fur babies!
- All four of her limbs have been broken and screwed back together over the years. Both legs were surgically broken a few years before the accident in 2004. In the car accident both arms were broken, in fact the right arm was broken off and surgically put back together.
- She has no family in British Columbia. Her husband and step son live here. But, the grandchildren and her two boys live in Alberta. We use FaceTime a lot to keep connected. The other day she played eye spy with my grandson over FaceTime. She even got to watch her granddaughter roll over! She loves her Apple/Mac products!
- Sandra believes the spirit of her daughter is now her guardian angel. She often feels her around and finds comfort in the fact she is at peace. She will live forever in her heart and memories.
- Sandra’s favorite food is cereal. Shreddies or corn flakes with milk....mmmmmm. She is also a coffeeholic and must have it a few times through the day!
- She believes laughter is very important for good health. A good belly laugh can cure even the bleakest mood! She loves to watch reruns of Friends, Big Bang etc just for the laugh. She tries to post at least one "giggle" on her Facebook each day!
- The car accident in 2004 left her with PTSD, chronic pain, RSDS, fibromyalgia and more. But she chooses to move through the day with a smile, most of the time anyhow. Sandra works hard at inspiring others to have a better day.
- Sandra’s fur babies have voices! She speaks for them just for the laugh! Misty has a little girl voice and cusses like a sailor at times. Max is the spokes dog for them all and is first to make sure they are aware he and his friends need treats and cuddles.